"The Adventures of Olrs Lph" (printer friendly version)
This sculpture was created
by Kristina Rodolico of Melrose, Massachusetts. It was presented to the Melrose
Unitarian Universalist Church along with a set of companion choral music titled
"Olrs Lph" (pronounced: 'o-lers li-'peh), written by Josh Shortlidge,
on November 16, 2008.
The goal of the combined art and music is to teach the "Seven
Principles" of the Unitarian Universalist religious faith.
The seven letters in "Olrs Lph" represent the seven principles as steps
in life's spiritual journey depicted by Rodolico's work.
The Seven Principles
- One. . . The inherent worth and dignity of every
- Loved. . . Justice, equity and compassion in human
- and Raised. . . Acceptance of one another and encouragement
to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- and taught to See.
. . A free and
responsible search for truth and meaning;
- Listens. . . The right of conscience and the use of the
democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- and builds Peace.
. . The goal of world
community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- in Harmony. . . Respect for the interdependent web of all
existence of which we are a part.
Adventures of Olrs Lph
This sculpture, as well as
all of the associated sheet music, midi files and live performance recordings
can be found at http://olrslph.org. Contact us.